Sunday, November 9, 2008

Videos

A wise person once told me that to achieve your goals you must first look at what tools are available to you and then figure out how to reach your goal with those tools. In other words, you can't sit around and wait until you have exactly what you need or wait till the time is just right. Just do it!

So, I have been wanting to incorporate videos into the Hippo website. Using videos on the various pages to explain the business programs and services will help me connect better with our audience and also add a sense of interaction. The first one is at the top of the blog page for example.

Now my issue is that I am limited to a very old camcorder and a slightly outdated computer system which does not allow me to create high quality videos - at least not nearly what I had hoped for. But, as I said above, sometimes you just have to make do with what you have and stop waiting for the stars to align.

I will be creating videos for the different areas of the site as well as doing a video blog. Yes, the quality will be rather poor but perhaps in the future we can afford to buy some new stuff. I hope you enjoy them and please, if you have any suggestions or comments on them let me know.

Dan

1 comment:

Ryan Wanger said...

I've been using the a Flip Video (Ultra Series) for a few months now and I love it! The resolution is 640 x 480, which is TV quality. If that's all you need, give it a look... it's around $125, holds an hour of video, and is super easy to transfer videos. Fits right in your pocket.

Yes, I sound like a shill for the company. Maybe they'll hire me to promote? :-)